Friday, March 7, 2008

Photos taken 3 months into Accutane



Ugh, it is extremely difficult posting these photos. It's difficult just taking them.

These were taken on the 45th night of being on Accutane.






This had been the condition of my skin for about 2 months.







This is after washing my face, so it's more red than during the day. While on Accutane, your skin is much more sensitive, the skin on my face tears easily with just a little manipulation. Unfortunately this led to some purple-ish scarring and discoloration.


Women must NOT WAX while on Accutane!




The above photo is a perfect example of the "waxy" look people often describe while on Accutane.


(just a side-note, I NEVER had breakouts on my jawline until after commencing the medication)



I remember making note this night that my face actually hurt. The cysts were painful, inflammed and oozing.


Also, note how wet my lips look, I am CONSTANTLY applying aquaphor to my lips (tell you more about that later).






One of the most important things to remember, THEY say, is NOT TO PICK, (which is not the appropriate reprimand anyway, it's POP!). That's like asking one not to wipe their nose if it's running!


If you are considering starting Accutane, it's important to know a couple of things,
While on Accutane, or the generic form, you MUST be part of the iPLEDGE program, https://www.ipledgeprogram.com/

which requires a number of things from YOU and your PHYSICIAN.
AND
Before you can even fill a prescription for the med, you need to complete a 30 day waiting period.

No comments: